1. I descend from English/German/Dutch and Canadian (English and French) genetic stock . Both my family lines have been in North America for over 12 generations. This makes for a coterie of insipid WASP mentalities, Midwest neuroticism, and a closet-case Viking banters.
2. I am the oldest of four brothers; I have five niblings.
3. My parents have been together over 50 years; they have never fought.
4. I am forever working on flattening my stomach.
5. I collect Native American artwork from Pacific Northwest. The joke is in a previous life I was a Tlingit.
6. Coconut makes me ill.
7. Tea is my drink and anodyne for all ills ; green, white, oolong, or red/black- I love it so !!
8. My favorite booze: whiskey! Scotch, whisky, and bourbon – but no rubbish please.
9. I love the opera. My favorites are “Dialogues of the Carmelites”, “Salome”, “Peter Grimes”, “La Boheme” and “The Ring Cycle”.
10. Gustav Mahler and I have the same birthday. He is my favorite composer.
11. I am a board certified Psychiatrist.I have gone through Freudian and Jungian psychoanalysis. I am a Jungian in my psychological approach to treatment and to life.
12. I have an appetence for fustian words. My grandioquence is insatiable.
13. I live in Phoenix, Arizona; I am a native Michigander. (Go Blue!)
14. I have high blood pressure, high cholesterol/triglycerides and ADHD. The first two are under control with medication. The latter is not, much to the chagrin of my partner.
15. I have never smoked anything.
16. I hope I never stop learning and growing.
17. My fears: tarantulas, angry crowds, nuclear weopons, being sued, and heights.
18. I love to read. I would choose a book over most activities. Ask me for my reading recommendations.
19. I have never hit anyone, nor has my personal life ever been the lead on the news.
20. I love to garden and heirloom tomatoes are my favorite. There is nothing as good as a home grown tomato – except perhaps a home grown melon.
21. Some of my favorite things – thunderstorms, a back stratch, hot water, noodles, and something which I will leave blank lest my relatives read this.
22. My partner also writes a blog. His is named Harper’s valley, which is named after our rescue mutt Harper.
23. Thanks to blogging I have a network of blogger buddies, male and female, far and near. They are the best thing about blogging: the community.
24. Homemade soup is to die for.
25. I am Catholic.
26. I am left handed; but I can do most things right handed if needs be.
27. When something is disagreeable I say ‘Sooner I’d eat rats at Tewkesbury than….”
28. Despite years of ownership, I can’t operate the home entertainment system. I am generally suspicious of technology.
29. Hallowe’en is my favorite holiday, which I prepare for starting 1 October.
30. Ignorance, rudeness, and drivers using cell-phones make me crazy.
32. If I talk too fast I stammer and stutter.
33. I speak some German and I can do some American Sign Language (ASL). I would like to learn Spanish.
34. I like hot and spicy food; I put ground pepper on nearly everything.
35. I want to see Ireland, the northern lights, and a tea plantation.
36. Every day I hear or read a poem. I am not proficient in them, but I like a good poem.
37. I adore Dickens and Ibsen.