1. I am descended from English/German/Dutch and Canadian stock . Both family lines have been in North America for over 12 generations. This makes me a coterie of insipid WASP mentalities, Midwest neuroticism, and closet-case Viking banters.
2. I am the oldest of four brothers and I have five niblings.
3. My parents have been married over fifty years without a fight.
4. I am forever trying to flatten my stomach.
5. I collect Native American artwork from Pacific Northwest. In a previous life I suspect I was a Tlingit.
6. Coconut makes me ill.
7. Tea is my drink and anodyne for all ills ; green, white, oolong, or red/black- I love it so !!
8. My favorite booze is whiskey! Scotch, whisky, and bourbon – no rubbish please.
9. I love the opera. My favorites are “Dialogues of the Carmelites”, “Salome”, “Peter Grimes”, “La Boheme” and “The Ring Cycle”.
10. Gustav Mahler, my favorite composer, and I share a birthday.
11. I am a board certified Psychiatrist. I have gone through Freudian and Jungian psychoanalysis. I am a Jungian in my psychological approach to patient treatment and to Life.
12. I have an appetence for fustian words. My grandioquence is insatiable.
13. I live in Phoenix, Arizona; I am a native Michigander. (Go Blue!)
14. I have high blood pressure, high cholesterol/triglycerides and ADHD. The first two are under control with medication. The latter is not, much to the chagrin of my partner.
15. I have never smoked – anything.
16. I hope I never stop learning and growing.
17. My fears: tarantulas, angry crowds, nuclear weopons, being sued, and heights.
18. I love to read. I would choose a book over most activities. Ask me for my reading recommendations.
19. I have never hit anyone, nor has my personal life ever been the lead on the news.
20. I love to garden. Heirloom tomatoes are my favorite crop, for there is nothing as good as a home grown tomato – except perhaps a home grown melon.
21. Some of my favorite things – thunderstorms, a back stratch, hot water, noodles, and something which I will leave blank lest my relatives read this.
22. I am well over four feet.
23. Thanks to blogging I have a network of blogger buddies, male and female, far and near. They are the best thing about blogging: the community.
24. Homemade soup is to die for.
25. I am Catholic.
26. I am left handed; but I can do most things right handed if needs be.
27. When something is disagreeable I say ‘Sooner I’d eat rats at Tewkesbury than….”
28. Despite years of ownership, I can’t operate the home entertainment system. I am generally suspicious of technology.
29. Hallowe’en is my favorite holiday, which I prepare for starting around 1 October.
30. Ignorance, rudeness, and drivers on cell-phones make me crazy.
32. If I talk too fast I stammer and stutter.
33. I speak some German and I can do some American Sign Language (ASL).
34. I like hot and spicy food; I put ground pepper on nearly everything.
35. I want to see Ireland, the northern lights, and a tea plantation.
36. Every day I hear or read a poem. I am not proficient in them, but I like a good poem.
37. I adore Dickens and Ibsen.
37 1/2. I can’t spell calendar.